Friday, July 27, 2007

Wind and missing handles...

That's what the last few days of my life have been about. Wednesday I drove up to Olds to help Noel finish off her Biology 20 (needs it for next university semester) after work. Drove through a pretty crazy storm around Airdrie but that's becoming pretty common this summer. We finally made it through the last module just after midnight so I just stayed the night and left early in the morning. My only other goal that night was to buy a new razor handle as my current one is MIA and I had not shaved since Saturday (starting to look too scruffy at work). Problem is Olds is a lot like Nanton in that department, no drugstores or anything open after 9:00.

So, the next morning I drove to Westbrook Mall, caught a ride downtown with Nevin (he'd brought some office clothes and stuff) and went straight up to the showers in my building. I had everything I needed to get ready for work...except a handle. I think I got a few funny looks from others in there trying to shave just pinching the blade in my fingers. Worked though.

Then last night I tried a new sport...an awesome new sport. It was an introductory course to Kiting (or kite boarding). Held out on Nosehill. We spent 4 hours messing around with trainer kites, learning safety, and even went for a special theory session afterwards...at the Reagle Beagle. Beer and wind dynamics...actually a good mix.

Anyway, I'm hooked and I know that kiting will be in my future. In fact I'm taking the first step today and buying my own trainer (so I can start practicing this weekend). Enjoy your own weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home